Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

Can I drive through a red light after stopping if the

Customer Question

Can I drive through a red light after stopping if the crosswalk is in the middle of the block in California?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 11 months ago.

Good evening:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question. I am a bit confused about the crosswalk being in the middle of the block.

Do you happen to have an address of the location so I may view it online to get a more accurate description of the area you are asking about?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the crosswalk is on Laguna ave between big horn and Stockton blvd in Elk Grove, CA.

Thank you for the information.

And would this be related to a red-light, photo traffic ticket or enforcement?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
this is in regards ***** ***** traffic ticket. I would rather remain on text for the amount I was told. Thanks

If you have received a "phone call" request, please be advised that this is something that may automatically be done by JustAnswer.com, and has not been proposed by me.

Please allow me a few minutes to type out my response to your question. Thanks!

I am sorry, I seem to be having some technical issues at the moment. Instead of having you wait for me to repair the problem, I will opt out thereby opening the question up to another expert to assist you.

This thread will be saved and viewed by the expert who assists you.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Good luck!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your help. Hopefully someone will be able to answer.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I assume I am not charged as yet for what has happened so far.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. Your account is not charged until you leave a positive rating, and your deposit remains refundable until that time.

Was your ticket for running a red light or something to do with the crosswalk? Was there anyone in the crosswalk when you went through the intersection? Were you turning right?

I'm looking at Google Street view for this area. Are you talking about the spot, in front of a business, where there's a red light, a crosswalk, and a big section that says "KEEP CLEAR"?