Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

On March 10,2015 I was involved in a minor accident this was

Customer Question

I am Jeremy *******. On March 10,2015 I was involved in a minor accident this was investigated by police officer PCO ******* who charged me with violation 16028 (c) evidence of financial responsibility. I had then and now liability Insurance with Progressive. Policy #********. I don't recall the officer asking or me giving the officer the Insurance card at the accident. Later I received a letter from John Sinko Commander Operations Division Fullerton it stated to appear at the North Justice Center Fullerton Dec.17 I appeared on time and the clerk told me the Judge would not see me and I must pay the fine of $490.00 and handed me a paper "Superior Court Of California County Of Orange MINUTES" The ducument says "your citation appearance date has been extended to 02/01/16.
At the time of the accident I was 17 years old going to school. At this time no claim has been made from my Insurance company, I have a $1000.00 deductable. My question is how do I proceed I don't have the money to make payment I further believe that the charge should be withdrawn because I have liability Insurance
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Is your citation a civil summons? Or a criminal citation?