Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Khaled Issa
90630425

As a cdl holder how many points can I get failure to

Customer Question

as a cdl holder how many points can I get for a failure to maintain speed citation, when the accident occurred at 2MPH in a traffic jam??
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general legal information regarding your CDL question.

May I ask, what ticket(s) were you issued as a result of this incident? This will allow me to more accurately discuss the point consequences of the accident.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just one citation,, I do hold a CDL but was not driving in a commercial capacity, no property damage, as I rear ended a vehicle at 2 MPH, I was driving a pick up other vehicle was Camaro
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Ok, thank you for that information.

Was your ticket for following too closely or for failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident or something similar to that?

The exact statute (or offense) you are alleged to have committed does play an important role in: CDL disqualification and point assessment.

Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Many offenses apply even though you are driving a personal vehicle, so this is why the information I am requesting is important and plays a role in this discussion, generally.

Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Please click ACCEPT if you have no further questions.