Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

I have been with my insurance company since 2010 and

Customer Question

I have been with my insurance company since 2010 and yesterday 2015 I crash my car avoiding a deer. I call insurance company to file a claim and was informed I do not have full coverage on my car, only liability. I am financing this car and the law required me to have full coverage in my state. Is this my fault or insurance company.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

It is the insurance company's fault if you were paying for full coverage, but they did not provide you with it. It is your fault if you underinsured the vehicle and were not paying for full coverage based on the premiums you were paying.

The only way to find out would be to look through the paperwork that determines what your premium is and gives you a breakdown of the coverage being offered.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.