Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

I was ticketed in a handicap spot because my plaque was not

Customer Question

I was ticketed for parking in a handicap spot because my plaque was not displayed properly. I can "appeal" but I must send $275 to Newport Beach money collection place first, then I can appeal, though the ticket writer will not be at the appeal. I believe that I should be tried first. I am willing to be tried on this charge.
Thanks Tina.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This is the CA traffic court system. You have to post bond first, which is the cost of the ticket. If you are found not guilty and the ticket is dismissed, your money is returned to you. If you want a trial/appeal, you have no choice but to put up the bond.
You have a right to the appeal, but you have to follow the CA administrative process for these tickets.