Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

I received a letter from Florida DMV saying my license is

Customer Question

Customer: My name is Ken. I received a letter from Florida DMV saying my license is revoked indefinitely . Reason: "Incapable of operating a motor vehicle safely-medical." The letter also says (sic): "You will be eligible for reconsideration need succesful completion of CDE without restriction. At that time you may contact our office and we will advise you how to apply for reinstatement of your driving privilege." There is an obvious gap in the first sentence. Additionally, there was no listing attached of DMV offices where an appeal can be filed. The information relating to the determination of "incapable of operating a vehicle safely" says "must meet Department's requirements and pass the required driver's test." Help!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: In May of this year I tripped and fell after too many drinks at home one evening. My wife called 911, and the hospital ER must have reported the incident. I filed all the forms required by DMV, including statements from my doctors that my vision and health are OK. I was not driving drunk. I have a perfect driving record.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Traffic Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How long is "a bit"? My license will be suspended Dec. 28.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?