Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.
26798026

Got a complaint ticket today. it re: 14-298, the trpr said i

Customer Question

got a complaint ticket today. it re: 14-298, the trpr said i was doing 92 what are the implications
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Hello:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to answer your legal question tonight. To better inform you, I would need to know the posted limit at the time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
65
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information. Unfortunately, I will not be available for the next few hours. Instead of having you wait, I will opt-out, thereby opening the question to another expert to help you. Thank you and good luck!

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

A violation of Section 14-298 is an infraction. If you pay the ticket, the only penalty is a fine. There are no points assessed when a person pays a traffic ticket in Connecticut without going to court. It will appear on your driver's license, but as a 0 point violation. Also if you pay, no one will look at the ticket again, so the total speed you were going and the speed limit are not relevant.

If you choose to dispute the ticket and lose, then you will have to pay the same fine, and 2 points will be added to your driving records. A person's license will be suspended when they reach 10 points within a 2 year period. And there are very few defenses to a speeding ticket, unless you have witnesses who can prove you were not going over the speed limit so keep that in mind when deciding whether you want to go to court.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. If I did not address the specific thing that you wanted to know, it may not have come across clearly to me, so please restate that question. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.