Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Former Asst State Attorney/Hearing Officer
17897874

I live in los angeles. I moved from englewood nj in 2007, I

Customer Question

I live in los angeles. I moved from englewood nj in 2007, I recently went to renew my ca license and was told I had a failure to appear NJ court docket 005609 - the date is 12/11/09 I don't know how to solve this problem, and I'm desperate because I'm
driving on an expired license. Is it possible to pay a fine? Can I settle this matter quickly? thank you***@******.***
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and former asst prosecutor, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

What was the ticket for that you missed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea. I simply can't remember - I was in the midst of my divorce - The only information I have is the docket #005609
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the additional information.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

It is very likely, if the failure to appear was entered a bench warrant is outstanding. That means you will need to motion up the underlying ticket to vacate the FTA. It is not particularly complicated, except that you are on the other side of the country

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Since you have the docket number the ticket and court file is tracable.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

However, you are going to need a NJ attorney to do your legwork. Since this is likely a minor traffic matter, once the default is vacated the judge will likely allow the payment of a fine and you can get your license.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble. Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you still online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to leave a rating of my service to you so that I may close the question. Thanks.