Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I have a question about a traffic accident from around 1975.

Customer Question

I have a question about a traffic accident from around 1975. It has bothered me since then.
My girlfriend (now my wife) and a friend who was driving his personal car were all headed to a racetrack early one weekend.
My friend who was driving was looking at the track to his left as he pulled into the entrance. He did not notice oncoming traffic on the two lane road. I saw it as the other car sped toward my side of the car. I yelled at him. He was in forth gear and couldn't get out of the way quick enough. The oncoming car swerved from it's lane into ours. We did not make contact but the oncoming car hit at least two cars behind us. We drove about 200 yards to the entry where we had to get out of the car to get the tickets. I begged my friend to go back to the accident scene to see what happened but he would not. I was scared the whole day that the car would be found and we would be arrested. Could my girlfriend and I been arrested for not turning our friend in to the police. We never
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

It's hard to answer since I'm no sure exactly how the law read in 1975 and the online sources don't go back that far but under today's laws if you were just passengers you couldn't be arrested just for not turning him in. If you were questioned by the police and lied about it or something like that it would be a different story but you are under no obligation to call and report what someone else did in a situation like your's.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

I am about to go offline for a while but if you have a follow up question feel free to ask it in this thread.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have mixed feelings about what happened. Thank you for the info and quick response. I am happy and satisfied with the info given. I do not want to continue with the monthly service. Thank you.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome.

I don't have anything to do with the billing or the monthly service, the experts all work from their own locations. However, when I see the positive rating issued I'll send the moderators a note and ask them to contact you about your request. I can't do it until you issue your rating because it sometimes locks the question where I can't do anything with it.