P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  12+ yrs. of legal experience.
11181181

Does first dui offence in Arizona require a breath machine

Customer Question

does first dui offence in Arizona require a breath machine be installed on your car?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed Arizona attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

A person convicted of a 1st offense DUI is required to have an ignition interlock device installed in any vehicle they drive for a full year.

This is the law in AZ.

So if there is a conviction, there is a requirement for the interlock device

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.