Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Experienced Attorney/former law enforcement officer
26296561

I just signed a contract (two days ago, but do not yet have

Customer Question

I just signed a contract (two days ago, but do not yet have the vehicle) with a local Chevy dealer for a new 2015 vehicle, but just learned I may lose my job. What do you recommend I do when discussing the possibility I may have to return the car?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are there any laws in Illinois governing the return of a newly purchased vehicle ("buyer's remorse") to the dealership, within a certain time frame?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex, can you provide me with an answer to my question?

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, there is no "buyer's remorse" or "cooling off" period in the state of Illinois when it comes to vehicle purchases and unfortunate, loss of employment / income would generally not be valid legal reason to rescind / cancel a purchase agreement.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.

Thank you.