Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

How can you get tickets in the state of OR taken out of

Customer Question

How can you get tickets in the state of OR taken out of collections 6to pay the municipal court?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that once the tickets are sent to collections, the court cannot collect them because they have an agreement with the collection department to collect on those citations. So you have to negotiate payment with the collection agency I am afraid as the court cannot take the money on them.
Your only option is going to court to seek to get the court to vacate the guilty judgment against you. If the court vacates the guilty judgment, then the fine is removed from collections and anywhere else and you can go to trial or the court can dismiss the case completely. However, this is an outside chance as courts rarely will vacate the conviction in these cases as traffic cases are a money maker for the the government.