How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 556
Experience:  Private practice
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

DI am trying to set up a hearing before the DMV so my

Customer Question

dI am trying to set up a hearing before the DMV so my license does not get suspended for a dui. I cannot get through on the phone and the 10 days are up today. What can I do if they will not answer their phone.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.

What State do you reside in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

California and this is for my grandsons first offence he is 23 and BAC was .08

Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the additional information. Your grandson needs to do this on his own. He may do so by writing to or telephoning one of the department's Driver Safety Branch Offices. Be sure to identify yourself by your full name, your driver license number, and your date of birth. You will also be asked to verify your correct mailing address. Here is a link below to make sure you are calling the correct office. If they do not answer he needs to appear in person before they close.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not good advice. There is no way to get to one of these offices.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Answer not helpful. It just took a page off the DMV website that did not help.
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.

These are the only two ways and the options come directly from the DMV website. I understand your situation but I can not come up with a way that does not exist and this is a result of him waiting till the 10th day and not being able to appear in person. Someone should answer the phone but I can not control them picking up. If there was another way, I would certainly share it with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was able to get into the DMV website and got a usaable answer and was able set up an appointment in Santa Rosa.. The information from the website you gave me did not help

Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.

I am glad you were able to do this for him. I wish him the best with the resolution of the case.