LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years experience in the practice of law, including representation of clients in Traffic Court.
15277592

I went through an intersection that has a red light camera

Customer Question

I went through an intersection that has a red light camera here in Los Angeles, CA in the evening. I might have just missed the yellow and could have turned red. I saw the flash going off. I was wondering if these are still valid or not? I know the city
was in the process of taking them all done. Thank you.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

While the city of LA is no longer prosecuting red light camera tickets, if you received it on the Metro line (LA MTA), then that ticket will be prosecuted if you receive one and you will need to deal with it when you receive it in the mail.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will check for this. How would I know if I received it on the Met line (LA MTA)?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

You wrote: I will check for this. How would I know if I received it on the Met line (LA MTA)?

You will need to look on the ticket---it will say, and also, you will know the intersection where the photo was taken and compare it to the red light cameras listed on this map from the LA MTA: http://www.photoenforced.com/la.html#.VkT1Vb99eSo

Thank you for your kind words. They are appreciated.

Please understand that in order for me to be compensated for having helped you, I need for you to positively rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy.

Thanks in advance.

I wish you the best,

Doug