Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Khaled Issa
90630425

I got a citation public traffic and have to appear in court

Customer Question

I got a citation for obstructing public traffic and have to appear in court I'm wondering if there's going to be a fine but I have to pay
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Hello:

Obstructing Public Traffic in Arizona is a Class 3 Misdemeanor, which is the lowest level misdemeanor. Under Arizona law, this offense level is punishable by up to 30 days in county jail and a fine of up to $500, or any combination thereof. That being said, it is rare to be fined the maximum amount unless there was some egregious fact that occurred during the citation or offense. Also, prosecutors look to an individual's background in determining a sentence.

Also, there may be separate court costs and fees that are associated with the ticket. This usually is a separate charge that goes to the court and county for operational expenses. In this case, it would be best to speak to an Arizona lawyer who is familiar with the "usual" fine and fees levied against an individual.

I hope this answer has helped. If you have any follow up questions, please ask. Otherwise, please leave feedback based on my helpfulness and clarity. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Again, not a problem. I hope I have been helpful with your issue.