CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Experience:  9 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
9540344

I was t riding my bike in the cross walk by a car and I have

Customer Question

I was hit riding my bike in the cross walk by a car and I have received a citation violation CVC 21650.1. I am questing the violation, is this correct?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I have provided the language in the code which you were charged under. As you can see, you need to be riding the bike in the same direction as traffic. If you were doing this, then you could have a defense. If you were riding into the direction of oncoming traffic, then you would be in violation.

Bicycle Operated on Roadway or Highway Shoulder

21650.1. A bicycle operated on a roadway, or the shoulder of a highway, shall be operated in the same direction as vehicles are required to be driven upon the roadway.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!