CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I recently was in a minor traffic accident. I was ticketed

Customer Question

I recently was in a minor traffic accident. I was ticketed for failure to use designated lane. If cop was not a witness to this as there are no other witnesses to this. Is it worth the fight in court. I am a class a driver. Was making a left hand turn
never left my lane to safely make the turn yet contact was made in my lane. Cop took her side I was ticketed.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Based solely on the fact that you hold a Commercial License, I would recommend speaking with a local traffic law attorney. It is possible for a law enforcement officer to write a ticket, but if it comes to enforcement, they will have to introduce evidence to support it. A decent traffic law attorney (preferably someone who has some experience with commercial work (even if you were not driving your CDL vehicle) would be best) should be able to at least give you a decent chance of beating the ticket. (Most attorneys will at a minimum give you a free consultation to discuss likely outcomes after you have a chance to discuss your case with them in more detail).

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).