Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

I have 4 traffic violations, Stop sign....2pnts Failure to

Customer Question

I have 4 traffic violations , Stop sign....2pnts
Failure to control...2pnts, Speeding....2 points and Crossing over yellow line.....2pnts.
Eight points in total. I was furloughed from my driving job because insurance will not cover me. If I could just get 2 points taken off, I cold go back to work. I am retired and 67 years old. I live in Summit County, Ohio. The municipal courts involved are Stow Municipal Court, Mogadore Municipal Court and Barberton Municipal Court, All in Summit County.
Any chance I can reduce any one of these violations to satisfy the insurance comapanies?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, as you found out the OH driver training class does not remove points it grants you credit for 2 points, which is different. The points stay on your license for 2 years in OH. The court MAY, in its discretion, vacate a conviction on a citation for good cause, which would remove points, but this is rarely done and some judges in some counties simply refuse to vacate convictions. Sadly, if the judge in your county will not vacate the conviction on one citation through a motion to vacate conviction, there is nothing else legally you can do to get the points removed.