P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  12+ yrs. of legal experience.
11181181

I just moved to Arizona and need a copy of the title of the

Customer Question

I just moved to Arizona and need a copy of the title of the car which I purchased in California. Who do I contact to get a copy so I can register my car in Arizona.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

Sorry....can you give some more context? Where is the title at? Did you not get a title when you purchased the rig?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a car purchased in San Diego. I had the title but it was lost during the move to Az. I can not register my car in Az without a copy of the title according to ADOT. Is there a link I can go to and request a copy of the title
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

You need to go to CA first. If the title was from CA, CA has to replace it. Arizona can not issue a new title if the CA title is lost...so you first go to CA and obtain the title...then you can register the car in AZ

You can do this here

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/7885d40d-4d2e-4fc0-b100-3ef8fe562bd7/reg227.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CONVERT_TO=url&CACHEID=7885d40d-4d2e-4fc0-b100-3ef8fe562bd7

With the CA DMV. Once they send you the duplicate title, you can have the car registered in AZ

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.