Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

Once again I live in WV. I have been charged with an

Customer Question

Once again I live in WV. I have been charged with an aggravated DUI with injury, outdated insurance, an unsigned registration card, driving too fast for conditions, and disorderly conduct. I was diagnosed with a broken left leg, a sprained right leg, and
a severe concussion as well as my car was totaled and I have to keep making the payments because I was unaware that my insurance lapsed. My attorney is suggesting that I plead no contest to the dui and apply for the Senate Bill 434 meaning that I will volunteer
myself for a blow and go with one year probation. My question is... once this goes through magistrate court... do I have to worry about this being picked up by the state any time after?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Once you agree to the no contest plea agreement under 434, then that would end your case. As long as you comply with the terms of the probation, you do not have to worry about being picked up by the state. If you do not violate any other laws, your plea agreement would end the case and upon successful completion of your probation, the case would be closed.