Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.
18321761

I got a ticket for "failing to yield to stationary emergency

Customer Question

I got a ticket for "failing to yield to stationary emergency responder" yesterday. it is my first ticket, and i was wondering what i can do about it, and if it can so serious that i can get a criminal record?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Here is the statute under which you were cited. It is a misdemeanor, with a maximum possible penalty of 90 days in jail and a fine of up to $500. That means a plea to the charge will give you a criminal record. Additionally, you will receive 4 points on your license meaning your insurance rates may be affected.

You should get a criminal lawyer to assist you with this case. It's possible that the prosecutor may be willing to reduce the charge to a civil infraction, which may lower the points and the fine and keep this matter off of your criminal history.