Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.
18321761

My drivers license is suspended .T.A ..not paying my fines.

Customer Question

My drivers license is suspended for F.T.A ..not paying my fines. which is over 3 thousand dollars,,!! I am 55 yrs old, disabled and on S.D.I and S.S.I. in Calif. I have been paying $200.00 a month and i need to know if i can get a restricted license while i continue to make my payments because i work as a care provider for an elderly lady and child care . I need to pick up kids from school and run eranes for client.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Generally, you would not be able to get a restricted license when you still have outstanding tickets and fines. If you tell me what US state issued your license I can look up the hardship license laws and see if your state is an exception to the general rule.