Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

I traded my car in new vehicle and the dealership crushed my

Customer Question

i traded my car in for a new vehicle and the dealership crushed my plates no my license is suspended and I'm unable to get a texas license what should i do i already contacted the dmv in albany and had the dealership write a letter to the albany dmv is there any other way to get around this problem
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You have to file a police report for lost/stolen/destroyed license plates and then you are going to suffer a suspension for 1 day for each day you failed to make the report and replace the plates and there is no appeal provided for that under NY DMV regulations. However, they will report the plates as destroyed with the police report and that would at least begin your time running to eventually get everything restored.