Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

I previously requested your services regarding passing a red

Customer Question

I previously requested your services regarding passing a red light and I was actually making a right turn. I'm going into court and trying to explain to the judge. What is the best way to explain myself or express myself to the judge?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If there was no sign preventing a right turn on red, the best thing to do is go in with photographs from the area and you show the photographs and you state there was no sign preventing turning on the red light and that is what you did. You did not run the light, you made a legal right hand turn. Most times the prosecutor is going to dismiss this before it gets to the judge.