Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

We were on our way to Vegas and received a speeding citation

Customer Question

we were on our way to Vegas and received a speeding citation from El Mirage. They sent me two speeding citations ten minutes apart. I do not get it. I would have had to circle back to have that happen. Not sure what to do. thank you
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You would have grounds to plead not guilty to both and argue that their device that detected you was obviously defective and as such both citations were invalid. You have a valid defense to BOTH citations in this matter and it would require you to show up in court, but because the device improperly issued the second ticket, the validity of any citation issued through the device is questionable as inaccurate and that is a basis to have BOTH citations dismissed.