Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. of experience in traffic law, traffic stops, DUI, drugs, ARD, family law, criminal defense and personal injury.
20073497

I have a mistake on my mvr driving in california when it was

Customer Question

I have a mistake on my mvr for careless driving in california when it was a simple safety violation.After dozens of call to california,basically they told me there's nothing they can do unless I have the original violation.The company I was trucking for
at the time paid the ticket but I need to have it rectified to seek employment with another carrier.Not sure where to go from here.thanks
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer

ANSWER -

If ​​the DMV will not help you, then your recourse would be to ask the employer who paid for the ticket to give you a copy of the check he sent to the DMV​. When paying for a ticket, you are asked to put the ticket number on the check so proper credit can be given. So, I am sure that the employer who paid for the ticket wrote the ticket/citation Number on the face of the check,

PLEASE BE KIND ENOUGH TO LEAVE A POSITIVE RATING SO THAT JUSTANSWER WILL GIVE ME CREDIT FOR ASSISTING YOU. IT WILL NOT COST YOU ANYTHING ADDITIONAL TO LEAVE A POSITIVE RATING AND IT IS THE ONLY WAY THAT JUSTANSWER WILL GIVE ME CREDIT. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING.

KINDEST REGARDS,

ANDREA