Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I received a Notice of Suspension or Registration Suspension

Customer Question

I received a Notice of Suspension or Registration Suspension from Morristown, NJ Municipal Courts for a parking ticket I did not know I had! It said I needed to respond by 14 days of the date of the notice....10/3/15.....and pay the ticket or my license
will be ordered to be suspended. I only just found out about this today. I my license suspended????? Can I drive tomorrow? I tried to pay the ticket just now online, but the payment center was closed. I didn't know payments couldn't be received 24 hours online
like virtually every other online pay program I have used. I am a mother of two young children and need to be able to drive. Is my license suspended?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, but I cannot tell you whether your license is suspended because I do not have access to the database of the NJ Municipal Courts or your personal information. You need to contact the Courthouse and ask for the status of your ticket. Also, today is Monday, you can go online once more to attempt to pay for the ticket and see what happens.

You need to make sure that you keep the envelope that the notice came in. You would need that envelope to show when you actually received the notice if your license is suspended for not complying on time.