LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years experience in the practice of law, including representation of clients in Traffic Court.
15277592

Can a Multnomah county sheriff park s motorcycle around a

Customer Question

can a Multnomah county sheriff park his motorcycle around a corner on the 5 freeway,use his radar and issue tickets.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Under Oregon law, County law enforcement officers have jurisdiction to issue speeding citations anywhere in the state they happen to be on duty at the time. The fact that the motorcycle sheriff parked his motorcycle around the corner or the fact that he used a radar gun makes no difference under the law.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,

Doug