CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Experience:  9 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
9540344

I have a question. So i am 18 years old. I have held a valid

Customer Question

Hello, i have a question. So i am 18 years old. I have held a valid drivers license since 07-02-2015. One day i was driving in heavy traffic and caused an accident on 09/02, and received a citation 333.03A. I did some research and it turns out i can't plead guilty before court date and pay the fine. I have to show up to court so i was wondering what to expect since I've only held my license for about 2 months.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Do you want to fight this ticket or resolve it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Resolve it

Thank you. When you appear, you can ask the court for a plea offer, if one is not given when your case is called. You can advise the court that you do not wish to go to trial and just want to take a plea deal and resolve this and see what is offered. Seeing how you have only had your license for 2 months, you want to ask if there is any type of diversion program you can enter, to get this dismissed. I say this because it could result in points on your license as well as an increase in insurance, since this was an accident and you rear-ended someone. Of course, you can always fight this and if you do, should retain a traffic attorney to represent you. If the other driver failed to show at the actual trial, this could be dismissed if there is nobody to testify as to what happened, who witnessed it.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!