Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Former Asst State Attorney/Hearing Officer
17897874

There was an accident claim where a driver of a vehicle

Customer Question

There was an accident claim where a driver of a vehicle pulled into a parking spot, i waited for her to pull in, she didn't look and opened her door and i was pulling in in front of my vehicle. I simultaneously hit her car door. she accepted responsibility for the accident. she had no license, only a permit. no other passenger had a license to allow her to drive. she pleaded with me not to call police that she would pay for damages. she called her boyfriend who owned the vehicle, and also didn't witness anything and he gave me all the insurance information. apparently when questioned by the insurance he told a different story and said that i hit the vehicle, which i did, but she actually opened her door in my path. they sided with him and did not pay for my damages, is this something for small claims court and do you think i will ever get the money from them if i win.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

The driver of a vehicle is responsible for making sure the path is clear to open the door. You should file in small claims court. Small claims court is designed to be user friendly so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.