P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  12+ yrs. of legal experience.
11181181

My son got a ticket driving in lamar Arkansas. He is due in

Customer Question

My son got a ticket for reckless driving in lamar Arkansas. He is due in cour today. How should he plead?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

Reckless driving is a crime. The state must prove his guilt, beyond a reasonable doubt, before they can convict.

He can enter into a plea bargain (receive a lower sentence) with the prosecutor to limit his punishment. That would be a good reason to plea guilty if there is clear evidence that can be used to convict.

But he may also want to consider hiring an attorney and entering a plea of not guilty, since if he and his attorney can help prevent the state from proving the case against him? He would escape the criminal conviction

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.