Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I live in California. In January I pulled off the hwy,

Customer Question

I live in California. In January I pulled off the hwy, parked in a parking lot and called 911. I was subsequently issued a letter from DMV. I had my physician complete as requested (completely cleared ) but not submitted timely. My license was suspended
for 60 days. Subsequent hearing again completely cleared by physician. License reinstated. Now in September my auto insurance has more than doubled. How do I correct this. My license was suspended not because of the medical condition but the lateness of the
form. Thank you
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You need to speak with someone at your insurance company's underwriting department to see if anything can be done about your premium. If the insurance company's refuses to reduce your premium, I am afraid that you do not have any recourse. It does not matter that your license was suspended because you were late in submitting the forms. What is relevant is that the license was suspended.