CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Experience:  9 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
9540344

What is the statute of limitation with no license

Customer Question

what is the statute of limitation for driving with no license
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. The statute of limitations for this is one year. That means that the State has one year from the date of incident, to file charges against the defendant. If they do not and try and charge the person over the time has run, a motion to dismiss with prejudice could be filed and the SOL can be raised as a defense.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.