Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.
18321761

My X-Daughter n law drinks all of the time. On New Years eve

Customer Question

My X-Daughter n law drinks all of the time. On New Years eve she got a DUI going down the 4 lane highway the wrong way and blew a 2.8 which is 3 times the limit. Apparently someone had the dui removed and she suffered no consequinces. I am very concerned about my Grandson. Is there anything legally I can do about her not being held responsible for drinking and driving.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

There's not anything that you can do about your former daughter in law's DUI if the state itself removed it from her record. However, if you know she drinks all of the time and drives your grandson around, you can bring the matter of her heavy drinking to Child Protective Services and they will investigate it. If they make a finding that her drinking is endangering your grandson, they can address her drinking, her driving, and even her fitness for custody. I have linked you to their site.