How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 25932
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My X-Daughter n law drinks all of the time. On New Years eve

Customer Question

My X-Daughter n law drinks all of the time. On New Years eve she got a DUI going down the 4 lane highway the wrong way and blew a 2.8 which is 3 times the limit. Apparently someone had the dui removed and she suffered no consequinces. I am very concerned about my Grandson. Is there anything legally I can do about her not being held responsible for drinking and driving.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.


There's not anything that you can do about your former daughter in law's DUI if the state itself removed it from her record. However, if you know she drinks all of the time and drives your grandson around, you can bring the matter of her heavy drinking to Child Protective Services and they will investigate it. If they make a finding that her drinking is endangering your grandson, they can address her drinking, her driving, and even her fitness for custody. I have linked you to their site.

Related Traffic Law Questions