Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.
18321761

I was driving over the speed limit in the smokey mountains

Customer Question

I was driving over the speed limit in the smokey mountains national forest, I was given two tickets for 27 miles over the speed limit and reckless driving. The officer let me go, but said he would mail me another ticket later on, Is that possible? Can the officer you keep sending you tickets after he released you?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.

Yes, the officer can do this. I don't know why they didn't write anything else up in the first place, but the officer may have had to run additional checks that he couldn't do on the spot. Regardless, you'd be expected to comply with the ticket as he did give you notice one would be coming.