Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I crashed my car into a crosswalk pole. I thought someone in

Customer Question

I crashed my car into a crosswalk pole. I thought someone in another was threatening me so I left my car at the scene and ran home. The next day I was arrested for a misdemeanor. Do you think I need a lawyer when I go up for court?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

I assume that you've been charged with leaving the scene of an accident. IF that's the case, you are better off to hire an attorney to try and explain your situation and why you left. Also, if you hire an attorney, he/she can likely try to work out a deal with the prosecutor to try and either reduce the charge or enroll you into a pre-trial diversion program to keep this off of your record.