Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I had a accident around 4 months ago near the bar in my

Customer Question

I had a accident around 4 months ago near the bar in my area. On April 4th 2015 I was going home from my job with my 1992 Toyota corolla around 9.30 pm at night with normal speed of 50mi/hr. At that time One Lady was coming out from the bar and hit my
car. I realized after I saw my windshield was broke and suddenly I stopped my car and called 911. But she was dies already. I was driving on the first lane of***** and she is crossing the road without having a crosswalk or traffic signal. I need a
help and I am so worries about it. What should I do. I did;t get any ticket or any violation during that time. But for calling ambulance I get charger $400.00.Do I have to pay that fees even it was not my fault? what can happen to me.? Does my insurance have
to pay any money to that lady who died?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Whether or not you are responsible for the death of this woman, whether you are liable for the ambulance fees, and whether your insurance would pay for this woman's death would depend on the facts of the case. I cannot make this determination by reading your post here. Your insurance claims department should be handling this matter for you including retaining an Attorney for your defense, if necessary. This is the reason why you have insurance. So, you need to contact your insurance company's claims department and ask these questions.