Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

I got a ticket in Nevada 68 in the left lane when the speed

Customer Question

I got a ticket in Nevada for going 68 in the left lane when the speed limit was 75. It's a 484B.200.600 "doing 68 in #1 no cars in #2. It says court is required. I live in CA. What can I do?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 year ago.

Are you looking to avoid going to court or avoid the ticket/fine completely?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to travel to Nevada for a ticket I feel I shouldn't have received in the first place. That said, I'd like to know how to put this behind me by either paying a fine (it does not specify one but states I need to attend court) or preferably, get this dismissed altogether. What would you do if this happened to you or someone you know?
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 year ago.

Even though your ticket is marked as "mandatory court appearance" it might not actually be (sometimes these tickets are mismarked by police.) What you should do is contact a Nevada traffic attorney in the county where you received your ticket. They can contact the court on your behalf, ask whether you actually have to attend court, and negotiate with the prosecutor to get your ticket reduced to a non-moving traffic violation.