CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Experience:  9 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
9540344

My license is suspended in. I just recently paid off the

Customer Question

My license is suspended in Virginia. I just recently paid off the tickets that allows the suspension date to start. I recently moved to GA and want to obtain a Georgia License. Am I eligible? Also do I have to pay a $130 reinstatement fee to VA, if I no longer live in that state?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. If you go to apply for a license in GA, they will see a suspension out of Virginia. As such, you will have to wait until the suspension time is over and you can reinstate your license and you would still have to pay the fee, even if you do not live there, since you held your license there and the violations were committed there. Once the fee is paid and your license is reinstated, GA can issue a license. I know it is not what you wanted to hear but the reality of the situation, as the State wants their money and knows that the only way to get it, is to withhold someones driving privileges.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!