Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

I red a Fleet Manager and my company is UsDOT and TxDOT and

Customer Question

I hired a Fleet Manager and my company is UsDOT and TxDOT and our insurance is having us make the fleet dept. sign a contract that says they must follow through on The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulatory compliance requirements
and we must be compliant. In the event they decide to skip out that they will still be responsible for these records to be maintained such as the Driver Qualification files to assist in obtaining well qualified drivers and to comply with DOT requirements,Road
test and certificate, and Maintenance records for the vehicles especially those governed by DOT. Where our company should maintain detailed records for each vehicle. These records must include, at a minimum: 1. Make, Model, Vehicle identification number (VIN),
company number and tire size. 2. Maintenance records 3. Current registration 4. Annual DOT Inspection form Retain maintenance records for a period of at least one year or for six months after the equipment has been sold. being compliant for the duration of
their tenure. I am sure I am not the only company that has this request as so many are DOT companies. I have had a situation in the past where the previous fleet department did not maintain my files and I had no clue when oil changes were due or receipts to
match what they were buying on my companies credit card and the cars were falling apart left and right. They hired an electrical person who burned the wires inside my vehicle and put my clients at risk. The insurance company does not want this to repeat therefore
I need a template or general contract specific to limo industry. Can you help?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Actually, each of these contracts are drafted specifically and are not made available online, so you would need to engage a local attorney to draft your contract for your company I am afraid, as we are forbidden by state law from representing anyone from this site.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com
You are NOT being charged for this response and you can contact customer service at http://ww2.justanswer.com/help for a refund of any deposit if you like.