P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  12+ yrs. of legal experience.
11181181

I purchased a vehicle daughter with me as the registered

Customer Question

I purchased a vehicle for my daughter with me as the registered owner. can I legally transfer the registration to her name if the we are still making payments on the car
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.
Legally? You can do this...there is no law prohibiting this
HOWEVER, you want to look at your contract. That is, some automobile purchase contracts contain a clause that prohibit transfer of title until the loan is paid in full. If your contract has such a clause? Then making the transfer you propose could trigger the bank to "call" the loan, forcing you to pay off the loan balance immediately.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.