Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. of experience in traffic law, traffic stops, DUI, drugs, ARD, family law, criminal defense and personal injury.
20073497

Have a PA driving ticket 70 in 55 zone. How do I avoid

Customer Question

have a PA driving ticket for doing 70 in 55 zone. How do I avoid points?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer, My name is ***** ***** I am a Pennsylvania Attorney

1. In which County did this occur ?

2. When did you receive this current ticket ?

3. Do you have any other moving violations ? If so, when did you incur these violations and how many do you have,

Thank you and I look forward to your reply,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Bucks county in PA
2. July 16 2015
3. No other violations, first speeding ticket

Thank you for your reply, I wanted to doublecheck something related to driving school, but found that the law in Pennsylvania has not changed and unlike some other states, Pennsylvania does not have any driving school or driving classes which a driver can attend to remove points from his or her driver's license. However, if you do not incur any other tickets for driving over the speed limit in the next 12 months, 3 points will be removed from your driving record.

I am sorry that I was not able to give you the Answer you were hoping for, but it is the correct Answer,

_____________________________

Please let me know if you need clarification on anything and I will be glad to explain further,

If I have Answered your question, please be kind enough to leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer will compensate me for my time and effort. Positive Feedback and Bonus are very much appreciated,

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA

Hi, again,
I wanted to check the PA Legislative reports that I receive in my office to be sure that there had been no changes in the law regarding "Driving school classes" here in Pennsylvania. Unfortunately, no changes were made and the law remains the same in that Pennsylvania does not have "Driving School Classes" to remove points from a driver's license. But, the law also remains the same with removing points from your driver's license if, after 12 months you do not receive any other moving violations.
Please be kind enough to leave a positive rating so that the JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you.
Kindest Regards,
ANDREA