LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years experience in the practice of law, including representation of clients in Traffic Court.
15277592

I t a car at a light and I had no insurance. When we stopped

Customer Question

I hit a car at a light and I had no insurance. When we stopped he agreed to not report and and we went our ways. The next day state farm called asking about it and took my information. What will happen to me, will I be in trouble with the police? I live in arkansas
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
So long as you each stopped and exchanged information and agreed not to report it or take additional action, you will not be in trouble with the law.
There will be no legal issues for you because you did all that was required under the law. Reporting an accident to the police is not a legal requirement---especially when there are no injuries. It is perfectly legal to exchange information and then to leave.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug