Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.
26798026

I got a speeding ticket when I was travelling from Temecula

Customer Question

I got a speeding ticket when I was travelling from Temecula to Grand Canyon. I lost the ticket number. What is the best way of getting the ticket details?
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

If you know which county you were in, you should be able to search for the case number ***** using your name. With the case number, you can pay the ticket online. If you don't want to pay the ticket, call the clerk of the traffic court and ask her to mail it to you. The phone number for Riverside County is(###) ###-#### *****'s the website to look it up.
http://public-access.riverside.courts.ca.gov/OpenAccess/CriminalMainMenu.asp

If you're not sure what county you were in, it's a little more time consuming, but still doable. Here's a map (but it looks like you were probably still in Riverside County). You can either check the websites for the other counties to see if they'll give you the information, or you can call the clerk of the traffic court, ask them to look you up by your name, and have them mail you a copy of the ticket.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lucy,Thanks for your help. I did all my research to get hold of the citation number. However, I am unable to trace it using my driver's licence number or any other detail. Please help me to get out of this situation. If you can give me a call that would be great.
For sure, I am unable to get the details using riverside county website.Regards,
Sudheendra(###) ###-####
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, but we're not able to call you.
The clerk of the court can send you a copy of the ticket if that's what you need. If for some reason the citation number isn't working, they should still be able to find it using your name and DL number. Or if the information on that citation is wrong, then you can go down to the courthouse to have it corrected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lucy,I was visiting CA. Now I am no longer in CA. I lost the receipt and now I am clueless. My search with last name, DL number, Date of birth are not helping us. I got the ticket on 10th May. Now I am concerned. Please help me to retrieve the details. You guys are experts and should have a way to retrieve the details. All I need is the ticket number so that I could pay.Regards,
Sudheendra
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
This is a question and answer site, designed for providing information to people who are interested in helping themselves. Retrieving the ticket for you, I'm sorry to say, is considered providing representation, which is prohibited by the terms and conditions of the site and state law. In addition, for representation, we'd have to charge our normal hourly rate which is several times more than what you'd pay for one question.
When the courthouse opens, you can call the clerk of the court and they will give you all of the information you need. If you are unwilling or unable to do that, I'm sure a local attorney would be willing to charge you a couple hundred dollars to make the telephone call for you.
The telephone number is ***** They will look up the ticket using your name and mail it to you. If you can't find it, it might not be in the system yet, in which case, no one is going to be able to find it for a few days.