How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 37080
Experience:  I have 30 years experience in the practice of law, including representation of clients in Traffic Court.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an employee who has several driving offenses. At least

Customer Question

I have an employee who has several driving offenses. At least 5 years old and unpaid totaling over $800. I need him to get his driving license reinstated and the fees paid for. I believe he has been driving illegally for the past 4-5 years. Can I do something to get these fees reduced to a reasonable amount so that I can get them paid of and get my employee back on the road (legally) again?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
If the fines for these violations are at $800, I can almost assure you that the penalties for nonpayment, and possible fined and warrants if he simply didn't appear at court could easily run into the many thousands of dollars.
There really is nothing that you nor your employee can do to get the fines decreased, and your employee may have to appear in court to even get this resolved so he can know how much is really owed.
If he is illegally driving now and you allow him to drive for the company knowing that, you place a significant risk on the company and even the possibility that your company's insurance could cancel your liability policy if he is in an accident while running an errand for you, is involved in an at-fault wreck and you are sued along with him.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,