Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

I have a suspended license to appear to court on

Customer Question

I have a suspended license for failure to appear to court on a minor violation. They sent me warnings and i let it get suspended. Do i 1st need to go to the court and pay the fine, get an abstract and then the DMV to get the license reinstated? It happened in DownTown LA, can I go to any court to pay the fines/fees to get the abstract? What as an attorney can you do to help me with this situation? what would the fees be for this help if needed? Thank you, seth
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 year ago.
Getting your license reinstated is a fairly easy process. If you failed to pay a traffic citation and failed to appear in court for traffic ticket: 1. Pay your citations. You will be given an FTP/FTA abstract that says you fulfilled this requirement from the court. There may be a civil assessment for failure to appear of $300. 2. Pay the standard reissuance fee of $55.00 to the DMV.
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 year ago.
You will need to pay the fee with the court who ordered you to appear.