Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.
18321761

Can you help me reinstate my New York drivers license suspension

Customer Question

Can you help me reinstate my New York drivers license suspension for failure to report an accident
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
JustAnswer is not a law firm and legal experts here cannot provide you with representation. If you need legal counsel, we can direct you to reliable legal referral services that lawyers themselves use when they need to find someone in another state or another specialty to consult with and don't know anyone personally.
Or, if what you need is to learn how you can reinstate your license if you have successfully completed your suspension period, we can give you that information. Or if neither of these is the issue you wish to learn about, you can reply and clarify.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know how long the suspension period is. How can i find out this information and then can you help me reinstate the license?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
You would have to contact the DMV in order to find out how long your license is suspended for. Or, if you had a lawyer for your hit and run charge, he could tell you what the judge ordered at the time you were convicted of your failure to report the accident.
Once you know what the suspension time is, you will have to wait out the suspension period. NYS suspensions come in two types -- definite and indefinite. If you have a definite suspension period set, once you have completed that requirement, you would be able to pay the reinstatement fee to restore your license on line.
http://dmv.ny.gov/pay-suspension-termination-fee
If you have an indefinite suspension time, you must contact the DMV and find out from them what conditions they will require of you before they will let you pay the reinstatement fee and drive again.
The link I gave you above to the NYS DMV's information on suspensions should be helpful to you.