Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Experienced Attorney/former law enforcement officer
26296561

I received a Careless driving ticket and have to appear in

Customer Question

I received a Careless driving ticket and have to appear in court tomorrow. I am 39 y.o. and never been in a car accident before. There were cars to the right of me that I was avoiding and the car in front of me slammed on the breaks. Any suggestions about whether or not to plead guilty or not guilty?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation. Is your ticked in County or Municipal Court?Was there any serious bodily injury involved?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Municipal court
No serious bodily injury that I have been made aware of
Thank you for your follow up.
Unfortunately, careless driving is a serious criminal misdemeanor offense.
Regardless of Circumstance every Careless Driving Ticket in a Municipal Court May be Punished up to 1 year in jail
The Fines Vary. Most municipal courts are capped at a$1,000.00 maximum fine and others, like Aurora Municipal Court, are up the $2,650.00
4 Points against your license
So it is important to always plead not guilty and to consult and retain an experienced local criminal law attorney to defend you in this pending criminal case.
You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
www.lexmundi.com
www.martindale.com
www.lawyers.com
www.legalmatch.com
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.