Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

I was in an accident in which I was struck by another

Customer Question

I was in an accident in which I was struck by another vehicle. I was stopped at a stop sign, waiting for traffic to pass so I could make a right-hand turn. Traffic began to back up to the intersection I was sitting at. I looked toward oncoming traffic and saw several thousand feet between me and the oncoming car. I pulled out and came to a complete stop, only to be hit seconds later. The person struck my vehicle hard enough to not only push it off of the roadway, but also continue rolling and hit the next vehicle in line. Police found me at fault for the accident, but I was able to obtain video of the incident. When I emailed the person's insurance company with a copy of the video showing that their client was in fact speeding and making no attempt to stop, they didn't seem to acknowledge the fact that I had already come to a complete stop and was then hit hard enough to move a small SUV off of the road. They are refusing my claim as the police report states I am at fault. Is there anything I can do?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
Can you be more specific in your question? Anything you can do about what, specifically?