Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My license was suspended in december 2013 of

Customer Question

my license was suspended in december 2013 for possesion of marijuana. it was a 6 month suspension with requirements of a drug offender education program and sr-22. I did an online class as i had to relocate to florida with my company and texas will still not release my license to me becuase the online education class. Well i cant go to texas just to take the education class in person so what do i do? its been 2 years now since i should have been able to receive my license.
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The license was initially suspended in Texas in december 2013
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The online class that was taken is the same 15 hour class as well but when i sent it to the austin office to release my license it was not accepted. Just need my license back and can't afford to fly to texas to take a class for 2 days.....
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, you cannot get your license back without doing what Texas law requires that you do under this circumstance before you can get your license back. You must go to Texas and take the education class in person in order for your license to be reinstated. There is no way around this at this time that I am aware of.